Skip Global navigation and goto content

It's a New Day in Public Health.

The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.

Skip MegaMenu and goto content

Mobile Home and Recreational Vehicle Parks

Environmental Public Health

Physical Address:

Environmental Public Health
5505 Stewart St.
Milton, FL, 32570

8 a.m.–1 p.m.
2 p.m.–4 p.m.

Closed for lunch
1 p.m.-2 p.m.

The Environmental Public Health division of the Florida Department of Health in Santa Rosa County (EH) performs routine inspections at all mobile home parks, lodging and recreational vehicle parks, and recreation camps in the county on an annual basis.

The objective of this program is to minimize the risk of injury and illness to Florida's residents and visitors. EH is primarily concerned with the following areas:

  • Ensuring the safety of drinking water supplies
  • Proper disposal of sewage
  • Swimming pools (where provided) that are safe and disease free
  • Garbage and debris-free establishments
  • Establishments that are free from harmful insects and rodent infestations

Opening a Facility

To apply for a new permit, download and complete an Application for Mobile Home Park, Mobile Home Park Housing Migrant Farmworkers, Lodging Park, Recreational Vehicle Park and Recreational Camp and submit it, along with a plan of your park, information on the water system, the sewage disposal system, any swimming pools and the required permit fee to the Environmental Public Health Section of the County Health Department where your park or camp is located.

The plans for a new park or camp must be drawn to scale and include the area and dimensions of the tract of land; the space number or other designation of the space; the location and size of all proposed mobile home, recreational vehicle, or tent spaces; the location of roadways; and the location of any added service buildings. The permit fee is based on the number of spaces your park has.

These facilities must obtain an annual operating permit from the Environmental Public Health division in accordance with state law. The annual permit fee is based on the number of spaces the park has. Please call EH at 850-983-5275 for more information.

Environmental Public Health Bill Pay

Environmental Public Health bills and fees can be paid in person at the Environmental Public Health office in Milton, by mail, or you can visit to pay online (service fees will apply for use of online bill pay).

If fees are paid online, please send confirmation of payment and any required paperwork to


The EH division receives and investigates environmental health and sanitation complaints at or near these facilities.  If suspected health or sanitation violations are present, please contact EH at 850-983-5275.

File a Lodging Complaint:

DBPR (Department of Business and Professional Regulation) - 1-850-488-1122
Complaint Form (PDF-1.5MB)


File a Landlord Tenant Complaint:

Fresh From Florida
Complaint Form (PDF-1.5MB)


Mobile Home Park rules Chapter 64E-15, F.A.C. (PDF-51KB)

*Note: This page contains materials in the Portable Document Format (PDF). The free Adobe Reader may be required to view these files.