Florida Department of Health in Santa Rosa County
8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Midway Office - WIC Services Only
(Pensacola State College Gulf Breeze campus)
7:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
Immunizations and Family Planning
1st Wednesday of the month
2nd and 4th Friday of the month
The Florida Department of Health in Santa Rosa County (DOH-Santa Rosa) has been part of the state and national public health system since 1944. Past public health efforts have wiped out or brought under control such deadly diseases as polio, malaria, yellow fever, and smallpox.
Congratulations Santa Rosa County!
Santa Rosa County is the first county in the nation to earn the Safe Communities America designation by the National Safety Council through the Safe Communities America program. According to the National Safety Council, a Safe Community:
- Works together in a coordinated and collaborative way.
- Promotes safety and health to prevent injury of its residents.
- Uses community data to prioritize safety and health areas in greatest need of attention.
- Is committed to the process of continuous improvement.
- Saves lives and prevents injuries.
The Safe Communities Network is a coalition of community partners involving businesses, civic organizations, local government, non-profit organizations and local residents organized to promote safety, reduce injuries, and prepare their citizens for natural and man-made disasters.
As we transition into the 2014 Hurricane Season, the May newsletter from the Support Alliance For Emergency Readiness (SAFER Santa Rosa) has several articles and many excellent links to help you get prepared. You can download the May SAFER newsletter (PDF-520kb) or visit the SAFER Santa Rosa website . You can also visit our Hurricane webpage for more information on hurricane preparedness.
*Note: This page contains materials in the Portable Document Format (PDF). The free Adobe Reader may be required to view these files.
To protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, & community efforts.
To be the Healthiest State in the Nation
Innovation: We search for creative solutions and manage resources wisely.
Collaboration: We use teamwork to achieve common goals & solve problems.
Accountability: We perform with integrity & respect.
Responsiveness: We achieve our mission by serving our customers & engaging our partners.
Excellence: We promote quality outcomes through learning & continuous performance improvement.
10 Essential Public Health Services
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community
- Inform, educate and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure a competent public health and personal healthcare workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.