5527 Stewart St.
Milton, FL, 32570
8 a.m.–1 pm.
2 p.m.–5 p.m.
What are Sanitary Nuisances?
- Untreated or improperly treated human waste, garbage, offal, dead animals, or dangerous waste materials from manufacturing processes, air pollutants, gasses, and noisome odors which are harmful to human or animal life.
- Improperly built or maintained septic tanks, water closets, or privies.
- Keeping diseased animals dangerous to human health.
- Unclean or filthy places where animals are slaughtered.
- Any condition capable of breeding flies, mosquitoes, or other arthropods capable of transmitting diseases to humans.
- Any act or condition which may cause disease.
When a nuisance is found to exist, a sanitary nuisance notice is issued giving a reasonable time for correction, based on the severity of the condition, and if correction is not completed, legal action is taken.
Other agencies who receive complaints:
Landlord/tenant complaints: DBPR (Department of Business and Professional Regulation) - 1-850-488-1122
Landlord/tenant complaints: DACS (Division of Agricultural and Consumer Services) - 1-800-352-9832