Skip Global navigation and goto content

Mobile Home and Recreational Vehicle Parks

Environmental Health

Physical Address:

Milton Location
5527 Stewart St.
Milton, FL, 32570

8 a.m.–1 p.m.
2 p.m.–5 p.m.

Mobile Home Parks, Lodging and Recreational Vehicle Parks 

The Environmental Health division of the Florida Department of Health in Santa Rosa County (EH) performs routine inspections at all mobile home parks, lodging and recreational vehicle parks, and recreation camps in the county on an annual basis.

The objective of this program is to minimize the risk of injury and illness to Florida's residents and visitors. EH is primarily concerned with the following areas:

  • Ensuring the safety of drinking water supplies
  • Proper disposal of sewage
  • Swimming pools (where provided) that are safe and disease free
  • Garbage and debris-free establishments
  • Establishments that are free from harmful insects and rodent infestations

Opening a Facility

If you would like to open a facility, Download the DOH Permit Application (PDF-16KB) and submit it to the EH division for a preliminary review. Application may be faxed to 850-983-5278 or submitted by email to

These facilities must obtain an annual operating permit from the Environmental Health division in accordance with state law. The annual permit fee is based on the number of spaces the park has. Please call EH at 850-983-5275 for more information.


The EH division receives and investigates environmental health and sanitation complaints at or near these facilities.  If suspected health or sanitation violations are present, please contact EH at 850-983-5275 or download and complete a complaint form from the Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares, and Mobile Homes and mail it to:

Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares, and Mobile Homes
1940 North Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1031

or email it to:

Please note: Florida has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from state officials regarding state business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your e-mail communications may therefore be subject to public disclosure.

File a landlord tenant complaint:

DBPR (Department of Business and Professional Regulation) - 1-850-488-1122
Complaint Form (PDF-1.5MB)


File a landlord tenant complaint:

DACS (Division of Agricultural and Consumer Services) - 1-800-352-9832
Complaint Form (PDF-1.5MB)


*Note: This page contains materials in the Portable Document Format (PDF). The free Adobe Reader may be required to view these files.