Food Safety Inspections
The Florida Department of Health in Santa Rosa (DOH-Santa Rosa) provides food service inspections for:
- Assisted living facilities
- Concession stands
- Detention facilities
- Fraternal and civic organizations
- Bars serving nonpotentially hazardous foods
- Afterschool meal programs
- Summer food programs
- Alcohol/drug treatment residential facilities
The primary objective of these inspections is to prevent the development and spread of any food/waterborne illness or injury to the general public or facility staff. Some of the items examined include ensuring:
- Foods are maintained at the proper temperature.
- Food and supplies are stored properly.
- Food is used or discarded by the expiration date.
- Food and dish storage areas are kept clean and free from vermin.
- Staff are free from communicable diseases and practicing good hygiene.
Food facilities are inspected from one to four times a year depending on the perceived level of risk based on the extent of the food related activities that are occurring.
Contact the Environmental Health office by phone at 850-983-5275 or email EHealth@flhealth.gov for more information.
Please Note: Florida has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from state officials regarding state business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Therefore, your e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.